Friday, April 14, 2017

Liberation and Eternal Life ~ Gifts of Good Friday

Lent stretched interminably in the dark days of early March.
Or so it seemed.

He asks us to carry His cross and we willingly accept.
But how often do we recognize  we're not alone as we,
burdened by life's weight,  begin to crumble?
Instead, how often do we trust in Him? Knowing  He is our strength?
That we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us.

“The days will come upon you, when your enemies will 
surround you, and hem you in on every side. 
They will crush you to the ground, 
because you did not recognize the time of your visitation from God.” 
And that is  what life has been like lately.
I need to do more trusting.
More recognizing.
This life sometimes surprises us with its sharp edges and its huge battles.
But He knows how to save us.



(My son, as Jesus, Good Friday 2016,
in Living Stations of the Cross, a role which he's reprising
again this evening!)

Image result for new york city themed blog post dividers

I'm happy to participate  in the 2017  A to Z blog challenge! 
 L is for Liberation and Eternal Life




And here are all of the 2016 A to Z  Blog Challenge posts~~ ~

Thank you for spending some of your precious time today
here at my home on the web! 

Have you signed up to receive my posts in your email inbox?
   If not, just click here to 
quickly and easily  so we can be in touch regularly!
You might wish to follow on Facebook as well.....

Image result for new york city themed blog post dividers
This post contains amazon affiliate links....
If you are shopping at  amazon and Target
why not consider clicking through my link
In this way, I will receive a small commission on the purchase.....
at no cost to you.
THANK YOU!

Until next time,

~Chris

1 comment:

  1. It's a beautiful day here and I've been outside and I've been to church and I'm going back for stations of the cross. I like Lent. It's a good opportunity to focus on God, instead of on me. I hope that you and your family have a most wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.